Are you ready to return to the gym after taking some time off? Maybe your injury set you back, or life just got in the way. Whatever the reason, getting back into a fitness routine can be tough, but it's not impossible. We know how to start working out again and want to help you get back on the horse.
As personal trainers at Hideout Fitness in Irvine, we know that starting a workout regimen can be daunting, but it's also gratifying.
In this short article, we’ll give you tips and advice to help you get back on track and feel confident in your fitness journey. Let's dive in!
How To Start Working Out Again
Exercise helps you stay healthy. But what if you've been away from the gym for a while? It can be tough getting that motivation to start working out again. But fear not; there are easy ways to start those healthy habits again.
- Start small: Don't try to do too much too soon, especially if you're recovering from an injury. Start with a shorter workout or a lighter weight than you used to, and gradually work your way up.
- Set goals: Having a clear goal in mind can be really motivating. Maybe you want to be able to run a 5k or do ten push-ups in a row. Whatever your goal is, write it down and work towards it.
- Find a workout buddy: Working out with a friend can make it more fun and keep you accountable. With semi-private personal training sessions, you and some friends can start a healthy workout to motivate you further. Plus, it's always more motivating to have someone cheering you on!
- Try different things: If you're not loving your workouts, try something new! There are many exercises and fitness classes out there, so don't be afraid to experiment until you find what works for you.
- Be consistent: The key to making progress is consistency. Aim to work out a few times a week and try to stick to a regular schedule.
Remember, listening to your body and going at your own pace is the most important thing. You've got this!
Helping Clients Get Active Again: Why Working Out Matters
It doesn't matter if it's an overuse injury from a past workout, or just been a few weeks since you last hit the gym; getting back into the swing of things is important. We'll illustrate why from first-hand experience.
So, a client came into Hideout Fitness in Irvine the other day who hadn't worked out in quite some time. They were feeling a bit intimidated by the idea of getting back into a fitness routine, but we were determined to make it a positive experience for them. We promise that once you get over that initial hesitation, the process becomes much easier.
First things first, we took the time to get to know our clients and learn about their goals and concerns. We assured them that it was completely normal to feel a bit rusty after taking a break from working out and that we were there to support and guide them every step of the way.
We started with some gentle stretching and light cardio to warm their body up and ready for more intense exercises. We made sure to focus on proper form and technique to prevent any injuries.
As we progressed through the session, our client started gaining more confidence and even commented on how good it felt to move again. We encouraged them every step of the way and celebrated their accomplishments, no matter how small.
By the end of the session, our client was feeling great and even said they were excited to return for their next workout. It's always so rewarding to help someone get back into a fitness routine and see its positive impact on their overall well-being.
But depending on your situation, you may want to ease into something that works with your schedule, especially if you're always super busy. Let's look at some fun and easy ways to start getting active again.
5 Fun Ways To Exercise
Need help getting back to the gym? Maybe you just need something local to do to get your blood flowing again. Here are some easy exercise ideas to help ease into a regular workout routine and start back on your fitness path.
Here are a few things you can try to help you get back into a fitness routine:
- Hiking in Irvine: Irvine has some great hiking trails perfect for exercising while enjoying the beautiful outdoors. Try hiking up to Bommer Canyon or the Quail Hill Loop Trail for a challenging workout with stunning views.
- Join a local sports team: Playing a team sport is a fun way to exercise and meet new people. Irvine has lots of sports leagues you can join, including soccer, basketball, and volleyball.
- Take a dance class: If you're looking for something fun and upbeat, why not try a dance class? Irvine has many studios that offer classes in everything from salsa to hip hop.
- Hit the beach: Irvine is just a short drive from some of the best beaches in Southern California. Take advantage of the beautiful weather and go for a run or a swim in the ocean.
- Try Irvine personal training: Personal training in Irvine offers an excellent opportunity to start a great workout routine tailored to your needs and fitness goals. At Hideout Fitness, Irvine personal trainers use years of expertise and fitness knowledge to craft the perfect workout.
Remember, finding something you enjoy is the key to sticking to a fitness routine. So feel free to try new things until you find what works for you.
How To Start Working Out Again: Hideout Fitness
There you have it, some great ways to start working out again. Whether it's been a few weeks, a few years, or never at all, Irvine personal trainers at Hideout Fitness can help you start a great workout routine.
Want more info on what we offer our clients? Contact us today for a free consultation and start seeing results in no time!